To LIGIS members with public safety, emergency management and disaster response responsibilities.
This is to invite you to a LIGIS sponsored Webinar set for Thursday, July 26th between 10:00am and 11:15am. The main speaker at the Webinar will be Alan Leidner who currently works for the Department of Homeland Security, Division of Infrastructure Protection. Alan works out of New York City and prior to his Federal service had been the GIS Director of New York City.
Alan would like to use the Webinar to introduce the LIGIS community to Federal tools, data and applications including:
- The Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) portal that enables map and document sharing, and networking across Federal, State, Local and Private organizations during steady state conditions and emergency events.
- The Homeland Infrastructure Foundation Level Data (HIFLD) site: Provides information about Federal GIS resources and events.
- Homeland Security Infrastructure Protection (HSIP) Freedom and Gold: Compilations of hundreds of infrastructure related national data sets that includes information about Nassau and Suffolk counties.
- The DHS Geospatial Information Infrastructure OneView Application: A viewer providing on line access to infrastructure data, live weather feeds and other geo-enabled information. (Live demo if possible)
Access to the Webinar:
- By 10:00am on July 26th, link to http://connect.hsin.gov/ligis/ . No password or credentials are necessary. To enter as a guest, just type in your name when prompted.
- To ensure your computer setup is compatible with Webinar requirements please visit the follow site at least one day before the webinar: https://connect.hsin.gov/
Access to the Conference Call:
- Between 9:55am and 10:00am dial 1-800-320-4330, Conference Pin: 215132#
If you are interested please let LIGIS Chairperson Michael Naughton know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, employer and title. If you know of anyone else who may be interested please let them know. You can use the social media buttons below to accomplish this if you want.