(631) 905-6324 email@example.com
SUNY Purchase College, School of Natural and Social Sciences, Purchase, NY
- Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies
- Focus in Policy, Minor in Biology 2015
- Completion and presentation of thesis: Selection of intertidal substrate by gravid Asian Shore Crab females (Hemigrapsus sanguineus)
ESRI Virtual Campus Certifications:
- 3D Analysis of Surfaces and Features Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- 3D Visualization Techniques Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Basics of Python (for ArcGIS 10) – 3 hours
- Building Models for GIS Analysis Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Creating 3D Data Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Creating and Sharing Map Packages in ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Distance Analysis Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Exploring Spatial Patterns in Your Data Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Getting Started with Geodatabase Topology – 3 hours
- Linear Referencing Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Network Analysis Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Performing Spatial Interpolation Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Regression Analysis Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Solving Spatial Problems Using ArcGIS – 3 hours
- Using Lidar Data in ArcGIS 10 – 3 hours
- Using Raster Data for Site Selection – 3 hours
Suffolk County Community College, Selden, NY
- Associate of Art in Liberal Arts 2012
- Dean’s List, 2012
- Experienced in experimenting and collecting data in both the field and lab
- Experienced with data analysis in Microsoft Excel, SPSS and ArcGIS.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate amicably and efficiently with a diverse group of people
- Comfortable working in groups and independently
- Excellent time management skills
United Parcel Service November 2015 – December 2015 Driver Helper
- Efficiently organized and utilized truck space
- Complete all tasks quickly while abiding required safety procedures
- Communicate amicably and obtain signatures as needed
New York State Parks May 2014 – August 2014 Piping Plover Steward / Natural Resource Intern
- Monitored and recorded bird and endangered plant populations and activities and transferred information to official forms and surveys.
- Construction and maintenance of fencing and exclosures around nests and plants.
- Monitored and recorded of predator activity.
- Operation of an off-road vehicle and use of GPS, compass and radios.
- Educating a diverse group of people of issues concerning the birds and habitat and keeping patrons out of restricted areas.
- Hurricane debris cleanup, construction of butterfly gardens, deer tracking.
Citizen’s Campaign for the Environment (CCE) June 2013 – August 2013 Canvasser
- Educate the public on current environmental issues through direct interactions.
- Collection of signatures, letters and donations along with check and cash handling.
- Utilization of developed systems for maximum efficiency.
Sweet Lucille’s Bakery November 2012 – January 2013 Barista, Cashier
Joe’s Corner Cafe March 2011 – August 2012 Barista, Cashier
2015 Fall Family Fishing Festival, sponsored by the DEC’s I FISH NY Program
- Assist organizers in distribution of supplies.
- Educate and assist a diverse group of people on basic fishing techniques.
SUNY Purchase College’s 34th Annual Natural & Social Sciences Student Symposium
- Presented senior thesis to a diverse group of people
Environmental Educator – Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- Assist scientists in the displaying of their research
- Educate a diverse group of peoples in the significance of the displayed research through activities and demonstrations
Crab Census Field Collector
- Assist researcher in the field with collection of samples